A dedicated team of highly trained employees to help you achieve your fitness goals and make regular exercise part of your life!
- Over 100 people on staff to address your fitness needs.
- Fitness instructors available, at no extra charge.
- Imagine being treated with sincere friendliness and warmth whenever you enter your fitness center. Imagine friendly and caring trainers on the fitness floor to help you. Imagine a childcare center that your children love, where you’re confident and happy to leave them! This is the remarkable atmosphere that our dedicated staff has created!
All members may bring a guest for $15 a day. The guest must be 14 years or older and MUST have a photo ID with them when they come in. Guests aged 5-13 can come in for $5 and MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Mike Arteaga’s Poughkeepsie and Ulster Health and Fitness Centers are the only fitness centers with over 40 years of service to the community.
The most extensive specialty programming that includes
- The MedX strengthening circuits with trainers to assist you at no additional charge!
- The Healthy Back and Neck Program, featuring the MedX Lumbar machine and Cervical machine for those suffering from chronic back or neck pain.
- The top Personal Training Team in Dutchess and Ulster counties!
- Pool classes and lap swimming in our warm water pools for those who need reduced weight-bearing exercise.
- Interactive childcare is available in our clean and professionally run childcare centers.
- Group Exercise classes including all of the Body Training System classes! With Group Power, Group Blast, Group Centergy, Group Groove, Group Fight, Group Ride and Group Active, along with our other specialty classes, you are sure to find a class you will love. Click here for today’s Group Exercise schedule!
- Free 3 month “Cancer Wellfit Program” for those within one year of treatment. Click here for more information!
The best in equipment and facilities! We will always provide the best because we constantly reinvest in new equipment, facility improvements and staff training!
- Cardio Cinema rooms with big screen movies as you exercise.
- Over 135 machines in our cardiovascular areas. Including treadmills, EFX machines, Lifecycles and AMT machines.
- Two strengthening areas in each center!
- MedX strengthening areas with 7 circuits between the two locations, including over 75 MedX machines.
- Personal viewing screens with over 50 channels to choose from on most of our equipment.
- Free Weight areas with the best in free weight equipment, including dumbbells up to 120 pounds, Bodymaster Cable Crossover Machines, Smith Machines, plus a broad array of hammer equipment including benches, selectorized and plate loaded machines.
- Warm water pools with whirlpools and a sauna
The brand new room is equipped with a pool, whirlpool, and a cold plunge! There is also a large dry sauna, a changing room and bathroom!
- NEVER SWIM ALONE. A minimum of two adults, 18 years of age or older, must be present whenever this swimming facility is in use, with at least one adult remaining on the pool deck!
- THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied to the bathing facility by a parent or guardian, (an adult who is responsible for the children and their behavior)
- IN AN EMERGENCY, NOTIFY THE FACILITY OPERATOR AND CONTACT HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. A free telephone is provided at this facility at the front desk. Telephone numbers for the nearest emergency medical service are posted.
- Only use this facility during posted hours of operation.
- Don’t drink alcohol and swim.
- Racquetball courts (Poughkeepsie)
- Healthy Back and Neck Program (Poughkeepsie, Highland – Additional fees apply.)
- Cycling class studio(Poughkeepsie)
- 4000 square foot group exercise room. Largest in the northeast with beautiful views of the Hudson River. Click here for today’s Group Exercise schedule!(Poughkeepsie)
- Stretching areas which include the MedX stretch machines.
- Boxing Room featuring heavy bags and speed bags. We also have a Muay Thai bag for kicking. (Poughkeepsie)
Keeping our facilities clean and in working order has and always will be a top priority for us! If you ever see equipment down it’s because it has just broken or a part isn’t immediately available and is on order!
- Our reputation has been built on our clean and up to date facilities, our qualified outstanding and friendly staff and most importantly our professionally run programs!
- We have been recognized as one of the leading facilities within our industry! As a result owner, Mike Arteaga has been invited to speak at the industry’s international convention on a number of occasions and has served on the IHRSA board of directors.
- Because of our outstanding service we have grown from an 800 square foot fitness center in 1973 to over 75,000 square feet in our two fitness centers!
- Mike Arteaga’s Poughkeepsie and Ulster Health and Fitness Centers are the only fitness centers with over 40 years of service to the community
Short on Time?
We have the best and most effective strength training circuit there is! With the MedX circuit you can do a complete body workout on the most advanced equipment in the world in as little as 19 minutes twice a week!
We are one of a few top fitness organizations in the country that has chosen to invest in the MedX equipment, acknowledged as the best and most advanced strengthening equipment in the world!
In all areas of our centers from the free weight rooms to the cardiovascular machine areas, we are committed to the best and most effective equipment available.
Why We Do What We Do
The point of exercise is to do it regularly. Our mission is to help you create a lifelong exercise habit! Research has shown that the better the programs and the more pleasant the surroundings, the easier it is to stick with exercise for the long term. We are proud to have helped many members keep up their exercise programs for the last 30 years!
This is why we strive everyday to provide the best programming and create a fun, clean and attractive facility for you!
IHRSA Mike Arteagas is a member of the IHRSA passport program. To see a list of fitness clubs around the country who also participate, please click here.